Acupuncture & Herbal Medicine for Women’s Health in Byron Bay NSW
In my Acupuncture Clinic in Byron Bay, I see so many women putting up with discomfort, believing that it’s just part of being a woman. Studies show that Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine & life style changes can help treat the following:
- Menopausal symptoms including hot flashes, night sweats, vaginal dryness, insomnia, reduced libido, irritability, anxiety.
- PMS including headaches, swollen breasts, breast soreness, abdominal cramps, lower back pain, irritability, depression, acne, tiredness.
- Painful, heavy, clotting, or absent menstruation, mid cycle bleeding, ovulation pain & absence of ovulation
- Thyroid and metabolic problems
- Migraines and headaches
- Insomnia & poor sleep quality
- Exhaustion, fatigue & poor energy
- Coughs, colds, flu, viruses and bacterial infections
- Digestive imbalances including; malabsorption, bloating, gas, reflux, indigestion, poor appetite, weight loss, weight gain, constipation, diarrhoea, irritable bowel & parasites.
- PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) and endometriosis
To book an appointment call 0413 936 024 or contact Bo here
Women’s Health at The Wild Fox Acupuncture Clinic in Byron Bay
Women’s Health is my passion & I specialise in educating women in my Byron Bay Acupuncture Clinic ~ I have a great desire to support women from Menarche (first menstruation) through to pre-conception care, Pregnancy, Birth, Menopause and beyond. It’s amazing how little women know about their bodies & their menstrual cycles ~ it’s no wonder considering that the subject is considered taboo.
The issue we have when we don’t talk about these things is that many women ignore signs that their bodies are out of balance, many women live with painful & heavy periods, mood swings, sore and swollen breasts, headaches, acne, exhaustion, sub fertility, night sweats, hot flushes just to name a few. But we don’t have to suffer in silence ~ these imbalances can be helped by Acupuncture, Herbal Medicine & life style changes.
Breaking the Taboo:
Things are definitely changing with the help of some amazing women, in early 2015 artist & poet Rupi Kaur posted a photo on Instagram of a woman lying in bed with menstrual blood both on her pants and the sheets. The photo was deleted twice by Instagram, which argued that the photo violated “community guidelines.”
Kaur’s response changed the way I viewed my own menstruation and was a potent reminder about honouring our cycles & reducing the shame many of us feel around menstruation.
“I bleed each month to help make humankind a possibility. My womb is home to the divine. A source of life for our species. Whether I choose to create or not.”
And the incredible Miki Agrawal, her twin sister Radha, and friend Antonia the co founders of THINX ~ underwear for women with periods. Not only are are these period knickers the most revolutionary product of our time, these ladies are breaking the taboo and building period positivity.